Sunday, September 6, 2009

Random Musings of August

I have every intention of keeping this blog current, so due to falling behind on that goal, here's a long recap post of what we've been up to this August!

Jason and I attended a tasting at Kouzzina by Cat Cora. I was invited with a few people from work, and able to have a first hand look at the menus, which I designed! I scanned actual fabric that's used in the restaurant and created a subtle pattern for the overall look. {note: the outfit was not planned to match the colors, just a happy accident!}

Jason, Kayla and I played in a co-ed soccer tournament at Disney's Wide World of Sports. Our team name was Das Boot and let me just say, it's been a LOOOOONG time since I had on a pair of soccer shoes. I think it's safe to say that we were more than a little sore after that weekend. Our team made it to the semi-finals though, and we took 3rd place!




Lisa and I met with a wedding planner in downtown Winter Park. Our newest couple Rose and Chris (a med student going through rotations and a recent law grad that just took the bar-busy couple!) are getting married next March. We're super excited to be working on their entire wedding collateral, including save-the-dates, invitation package, place cards and programs! On that same trip, Lisa introduced me to the White Wolf Cafe, a cute eatery near Antique Row in downtown Orlando. On our way back home, we stopped by our good friend Lee's flower shop, Lee Forrest Design, and he gave us a box of orchids that were left over from a wedding. I made a few quick centerpieces that gave our house a little extra color that week!






On a side note, I love when I find our dogs napping in random places around the house.





Lisa and I tagged along with our friend, Monica Holtsclaw , to the Sanford Farmer's Market. Monica has her own bookbinding company and is all sorts of talented! Check out her website and Etsy shop!


Lisa and I will also be training for the Walt Disney World Half-Marathon on January 10, 2009. We're both half-marathon rookies, so this is a big goal for us. Wish us luck!

Remember that leak we had a month ago? Well, one thing led to another and we decided to tile the kitchen, small living room, hallway and laundry room. I'm so lucky to have such a handy-man husband! All of our projects (with the exception of the new carpeting) have been DIY. Here's a teaser photo. Stay tuned for a full recap!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP